Saturday, December 23, 2017

Ultrasound #2

This past Monday, J2 and I went to our second ultrasound. Now most people are usually thrilled to get to see their baby. And we are no different, but for us there existed a slight apprehension. We don’t have the best track record for ultrasound. Too many times we have been dealt the blow of bad news. Not this time! With a room full of the doctor, nurses, and a phlebotomist, we got this little gem:



Isn’t that just the most beautiful sound? I want more than anything to hear that sound when I’m holding her in my arms.

On Wednesday, I had my first(again) OB appointment. So I had another ultrasound. I always seem to hold my breath until I can see that heartbeat. So at 8 weeks, here’s our little girl:





The mind-melting dichotomy between joy and worry makes me wonder if I’ll be sane at the end.

It looks like I will continue taking the Estradiol and Progesterone until 10 weeks. I will use Lovenox until about 36ish weeks then switch to Heparin. I’ve also discussed with my OB about putting in a cerclage (more on that later).

For now, I have to wait o month before my next appointment. I may lose my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment