Saturday, February 3, 2018

Surgery Follow-up (13 weeks, 6 days)

About a week and a half passed my surgery, J2 and I went in on Monday for our post surgery follow-up. The cerclage looks fine and is so far doing its job. I may get anxious starting around 17 weeks. But I’m trying to have confidence. I’m not very good at positive mantras. For my little girl, I’ll give it a shot. Well, I would say I’m giving it lots of shots. Haha! See what I did there.

Back to the appointment. I also had another ultrasound (like I would leave that office without one). Here are some pictures…..
Heartbeart

Baby girl!

Look at that face!



Look at that face. Yes, kind of alien, but still the cutest. Heartbeat looks super. I tear up just a little
the moment I hear those first beats. Every time I see her is the best time. She was quite that day and not squirmy.



Besides that, we discussed a couple things with the doctor. I can stop taking Metformin for now. That’s a nice break. We will be doing weekly progesterone shots for preterm labor (not covered by insurance) starting at 16 weeks. J2 and I will have a training session and decide If he will do it or a nurse.

It might be a repeat, but it's true.



I also got the all clear to have my hair done again. Yes, I waited because I don’t want to jinx myself. I am weird. And just want this to end in giving birth to a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment