Wednesday, September 13, 2017

IVF Update #4…..Maximum Overload

See that? It’s the finish line to this part of our journey. About 40 little pre-babies have been growing for about a week. Today, my doctor said they are ready. So tonight we trigger with Lupron. I’ve never been so thrilled to be getting just on injection.



Lupron uses LH instead of HCG to trigger ovulation. I’m using this type to help reduce the chance of OHSS. Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome is where the ovaries can swell. If it becomes severe, I could end up in the hospital. Dr. G is trying to prevent this. Drinks with electrolytes and food with protein and salt have been known to help decrease the odds.


Tomorrow, I go in for more blood work to check to make sure the Lupron is doing its job. Which makes Friday -- Egg Retrieval Day. It’s here…...almost. Now to prepare for the days following ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment